Wow! It’s a stunner of a verdict for our local boys school, with Ofsted declaring Rutlish an outstanding secondary.
If you have a son there (and we know many local parents do): congratulations! If you’ve got a boy heading that way in September: lucky you!
Some key points from the Ofsted report, which was published today:
- ‘Pupils are unfailingly polite and courteous’
- ‘Behaviour in classes is exemplary’
- ‘The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding’
- ‘bullying is rare and tackled firmly’
- ‘Year 11 pupils are aspirational for their futures’
- ‘A high performance culture fills all aspects of the school’
- ‘Strong leadership defines the school’
- ‘Leaders are rightly proud of the inclusive nature of the school’
- ‘Teachers’ subject knowledge is outstanding and they set high expectations for pupils’
And so it goes on. Well done Rutlish, we are lucky to have such an impressive school right on our doorstep. Congratulations to all involved!